Wick MediNait, Aspirin Complex or Grippostad C: a Lot of access to the classics, to your cold get rid of quickly. But how good are they really? The Stiftung Warentest has examined 50 over-the-counter medication against runny nose, sore throat and cough. Often, the price comparison is worth it.
Combination agents such as “Aspirin Complex” or “Grippostad C” promise to all complaints of a cold in a fight. Of but experts advise. Gerd Glaeske of the University of Bremen recommends: “Treat symptoms individually, avoid Combination products with multiple active ingredients”. You can make tired and palpitations trigger.
To take drugs, acting in a targeted manner
Better drugs are drugs with a Single, which can help against cough, runny nose or sore throat. The Stiftung Warentest has examined 50 non-prescription medications. Often, the price comparison is worth it.
- Lozenges: With a slight sore throat the experts advise to “Emser pastilles”. The pain is stronger, you can resort to products containing Lidocaine or Ambroxol. For the lozenges “Trachilid” consumers have to be at the least pay (6,90 Euro).
- Sprays: In the case of a clogged nose can spray with the mucous membrane decongestant active ingredients Xylometazoline and Oxymetazoline help. Included, for example, in “Sine AL” and “some claritin”. This Sine AL is “” with 3,86 Euro the cheapest product. Nasal sprays with saline solutions to moisten the dry nose. Here, the “Abbey of sea salt Standard” for 3,69 Euro price cuts at best.
- Tablets: Ibuprofen, Paracetamol and acetylsalicylic acid (Asa) is suitable for mild to moderate pain and fever. ACE, there are often with Vitamin C additives. According to Stiftung Warentest but nothing; Effervescent tablets with ACE costs almost twice as much as classic ACE tablets.
- Cough suppressants and solver: In the case of cough products containing the active ingredients Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide or plantain extract soothing effect. The cheapest cough suppressants is of Ratiopharm. Effective cough solver included according to the testers, the active ingredients are acetylcysteine, Ambroxol, ivy, or thyme extract. For 2,55 Euro, the tablets are “Ambroxol AL 30”.
- Here is the Newsletter of ‘health’ subscribe
Reports, Videos, backgrounds: From Monday to Friday, provided you FOCUS Online with the most important messages from the health Department. Here you can subscribe to the Newsletter easily and free of charge.
Conclusion: runny nose and pain relievers to help at the best
Basically, anesthetic neck chmerztabletten, cough suppressants and solver were not able to convince the tester to 100 percent; their effectiveness had not yet been occupied. Caught a cold, you can save it. The most effective is to be cold, however, most and the painkillers.